Catalyst Connection and The Consortium for Public Education recently created a 3-day professional learning experience called Industry 4.0 Teacher Academy! During this unique summer experience 18 local educators learned how the manufacturing industry is using emerging Industry 4.0 technologies to revolutionize the way they manufacture. This experience empowered educators to take the knowledge they gained back into their school districts to expose today’s learners of these high-demand and high-paying career pathways.
Our 3-day academy included touring, industry panel discussions, hands-on activities, and working together to form plans for implementation.
Thank you to our funders who made this academy possible!
Thank you to our wonderful host locations who provided a space to meet and interactive touring!
- Mill 19 – Home to Catalyst Connection, The ARM Institute, and Carnegie Mellon’s Manufacturing Futures Institute
- Robert Morris University – Thank you to the School of Engineering, Mathematics, and Science
- Digital Foundry at New Kensington
Thank you to the local industry professionals who took time out of their workdays to speak with the educators about their career journeys!
- Anthony Gioia, Premier Automation
- Brad Harrison, EH Schwab
- Charlie Phillips, Penn United Technologies
- Dan Baird, Re:Build Manufacturing
- Don Adams, DMI Companies
- Jacob Wilcox, General Carbide
- Kristine Mikulan, Schroeder Industries
- Mike Vindler, Tronix3D
- Ryan Murtha, General Carbide
- Tom Polacek, JWF
Thank you to the resource partners who came to show the educators some hands-on activities that can be brought into the classroom!
- Justin Aglio, Penn State University
- Kasandra Otey, Pittsburgh Technical College
- Mike Hennessy, Moonshot Museum
- Oula Ghani, BostIQ
- Steve Luciano, Carnegie Science Center FabLab
Local schools who participated include Burrell, Butler Area, Commonwealth Charter Academy, Diocese of Pittsburgh, Elizabeth Forward, Franklin Regional, Laurel Highlands, LIFE Male STEAM Academy, Northern Westmoreland CTC, Norwin, Penn Trafford, Phase 4 Learning Center, Pittsburgh Public, and Sto-Rox.
Learn more about the Industry 4.0 Teacher Academy here.